Age: 6 Yrs. Old
Adoption Fee: $450.00
Special Needs: no
Some dogs come to us with the saddest stories. This is not one of those. Baby is six years old and has lived and was loved by with the same family since she was two months old. But a lot of changes have taken place in the family these past six years. They now find themselves in a position where they feel it would be better for Baby if she were in another home. They contacted us last year, but just could not let her go. When her dad brought her, it took him a long time to say his final good bye. I gave them some alone time together.
Baby has struggled with flank alopecia or some skin disorder for years. Their vet has run tests which showed no abnormalities. They have tried different shampoos, ointments, and dog foods. But in spite of it all the problem persists. But Baby is certainly not bothered by it. She is the happiest and bounciest girl!
Because of her bouncy behavior she would be best in a home with older children. She is good with other dogs. We will do more tests and see what we can do to improve her skin and coat. But if you want a happy, perky, bouncy girl with amazing dark and penetrating eyes, Baby would be perfect for you.
5/18/18 Update: This Baby is ready to find her happily furever after! Baby came into rescue back in March and was bald on both of her sides. Two months later, Baby is ready for her big reveal! But first, what does Foster Ma know about Baby?
1. DIVATUDE! And lots of it. ~ It is ALL about Baby.
2. NOBODY puts Baby in the corner! ~ Baby has to be wherever her people are. If you’re outside, she is outside. If you are in a room, she is in that room too. If you’re on the potty, you’re not getting any privacy! If you’re soaking in the tub trying to escape from your hectic day… Baby is too!She’s jumping in! (And she has!)
3. BABY’s RULE: What’s mine is mine, and what’s yours is mine! ~ Baby is not about sharing.
4. BABY CALLS SHOTGUN! Once again, nobody puts Baby in the corner, the back seat or anywhere else Baby doesn’t want to go.
5. ONE bite for you, TWO bites for Baby!
The list goes on and on. It is all about Baby. Baby loves to play with toys, ride in the car, go for walks and is also content to snuggle up and watch TV. She owns every piece of furniture in the house and prefers the people bed.
She is completely house trained and crate trained. Being the Diva that she is, the rule that everything is Baby’s is true. Which can be a bit of a problem if there are other dogs that want to play with or share her toys. She gets along great with all the dogs in the house, but she just does not and will not share with them. The toys are hers and the food is hers. She will stand guard over me when I am making the meals and won’t let any other dog near me. She gets fed in her crate so that we don’t have issues. If you are looking for an CUTE, CUTE, CUTE, little compact Diva, I have the girl for you!